Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Virus question...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I don't visit my Yahoo email account as much as I should (maybe once every 3 days) but I've noticed something funny going on lately. I've been getting returned undeliverable emails from AOL addresses. Has my email been hijacked? My Nortons doesn't pick up anything.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Spray yourself with lysol and then soak in a tub of rubbing alcohol... that should clear up anything...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Is the SPAMGUARD from Yahoo on ? Are you getting that on the INBOX or the other carpet ?

  4. #4
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    Sounds more like someone is spoofing your e-mail as the "from" of a spam message and the returns get sent to you.

    I've been seeing those around and around again on the accounts I use. They seem to rotate as I will have one receive the messages one month, then some time off, and then another one will receive undeliverable messages with AOL accounts as the intended receiptiant.

    Nothing you can do about it but wait it out and delete the motices.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Guitardeth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im getting them also andy.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Inbox. These are returned emails that I didn't originally send. They all seemed to be coming back from various AOL addresse.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Send them to the trash as Meg says, I sometimes get the same and just delete them......

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    So no worries that I'll get blamed for sending spam?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Nomalas's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Guitardeth?:
    Im getting them also andy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ghostdawgg®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    2,309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Guitardeth?:
    Im getting them also andy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Que pasa Tony, how was the Jets game? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •